With everyone’s rapid increase in thorough hand washing and sanitizing, even the most hardy skins are having challenges. It is so important to keep the skin on your hands healthy and intact. Your skin is your largest organ of defense from pathogens and any breaks in the barrier invite unwanted guests.
Here are our top tips for keeping your defense system intact and the unwanted guests out:
- Apply a light yet ultra hydrating hand/body cream after every hand wash.
- GM Collin Soft Hand Cream - launched at the time of the pandemic you would think the experts at GM Collin had a crystal ball! This hand cream is specific for those with irritated hands especially those with eczema and dermatitis. Thank you GM Collin - this is a hand saver!
- Yonka Hand Cream – This ultra comforting cream repairs and protects very dry and rough skin with a specialized formula, a combination of Shea butter, vegetable Glycerin, grape seed oil, Bisabolol and vitamins A, C and E. This is a gem AND smells amazing (sweet orange & grapefruit)! It is Yonka after all!
- Phytomer Ultra Moisturizing Body Milk - The secrets of perfect moisturizing; ideally blending the comfort of a cream and the lightness of a body milk. Its "anti-thirst" formula moisturizes the skin from morning to night. This will be one of the most effective body milks you have ever used. We are recommending it here for the hands for those that want something that feels super light yet is still very effective.
- If you already have ultra sensitive skin prone to dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis and are not already taking Bend Anti Aging Formula start now! Although this will take at least a couple of weeks of use before you start to see the improved hydration and decreased inflammation, it is worth the wait for the results! Bend Anti Aging Formula is approved by Health Canada as a treatment for atopic dermatitis. For more info click here.
- At night choose rich repair! It is difficult in the day to apply products that are too rich but at night it is ideal! Our top picks are designed for rapid repair for cracked skin. You might notice two of our recommendations are foot care products. They are also highly effective for cracked or deeply dry hands.
- Glymed Plus Cell Repair Balm - This barrier repair balm and skin shield is excellent for soothing extra dry or itchy skin; chapped lips or hands; or skin irritated by rashes. Infused with live yeast cell derivatives that promote cell renewal and collagen synthesis.
- Gehwol Med Salve for Cracked Skin - The salve is for severe hard skin, dry or rough skin, or very cracked skin. It also helps protect against inflammation and symptoms linked with cracked skin.
- Footlogix 3+ Cracked Heel Formula - This mousse-style formula with Dermal Infusion Technology®is proven to moisturize and effectively eliminate deeply split, cracked skin. The mousse feels lighter than the two other options but is highly effective. Contains Evening Primrose oil to improve skin structure and Urea to hydrate and lock moisture into the skin.
We wish your hands well during their time of strain! We will be here on the other side of COVID 19 to soothe them with hand massages and paraffin treatments! We can’t wait!